This is the original root directory.
|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|340806 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
ADAM AND EVIL
|Dewey Subject Codes:||813||F||Fiction||M||Mystery|
English teacher Amanda Pepper isn't sure what category her bright senior student Adam Evans falls into, but she fears for him. Increasingly erratic, unkempt, and isolated, Adam is an accident waiting to happen. So when a young woman is murdered at the landmark Free Library while Amanda and her class are touring the premises, Adam--now mysteriously missing--becomes the prime suspect. But unlike the police--including her detective boyfriend--Amanda is dead certain that Adam is both innocent and in terrible danger. And he's not alone. For the more Amanda sifts through the layers of the victim's life, the closer she comes to losing her own.
Comment By: andy – Noshahr, IRAN – March 14, 2002, 10:54
|On Line -- Click to download|
|Click here to tell us about a bad link.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
Hardback - Non-Fiction
This list was prepared on 8/7/14 at 09:53:55
1. America: Imagine a World without Her -- Dinesh D’Souza -- was:
2. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption -- Laura Hillenbrand -- was:
3. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption -- Laura Hillenbrand -- was:
4. Blood Feud: The Clintons vs. the Obamas -- Edward Klein -- was:
5. One Nation: What We Can All Do to Save America’s Future -- Ben Carson M. D. -- was:
6. Hard Choices -- Hillary Rodham Clinton -- was:
7. Mockingbird Next Door: Life with Harper Lee -- Marja Mills -- was:
8. David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants -- Malcolm Gladwell -- was:
9. Think Like a Freak: The Authors of Freakonomics Offer to Retrain Your Brain -- Steven D. Levitt -- was:
10. Capital in the Twenty-First Century -- Thomas Piketty -- was:
11. I Am Malala -- Malala Yousafzai -- was:
12. Flash Boys -- Michael Lewis -- was:
13. Factory Man -- Beth Macy -- was:
14. Elephant Company -- Vicki Croke -- was:
15. Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead -- Sheryl Sandberg -- was:
16. Killing Jesus -- Martin Dugard -- was:
17. Diary of a Mad Diva -- Joan Rivers -- was:
18. Things That Matter: Three Decades of Passions, Pastimes and Politics -- Charles Krauthammer -- was:
19. Thrive -- Arianna S. Huffington -- was:
20. How Not to Be Wrong: The Power of Mathematical Thinking -- Jordan Ellenberg -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 5/29/17 at 01:07:26
1. Null -- Null -- Null
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 33 ms