This is the original root directory.
|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|340806 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
A Civil Campaign
Lois McMaster Bujold
|Dewey Subject Codes:||813||F||Fiction||SF||Science Fiction|
|A must read for any Louis McMaster Bujold fan If you read Komarr this is the ending you've been waiting for. A roaring tale of the rise of the Vorkosigan legend on the world of Barrayer. Near scrapes, desperate manuevers, and midnight races with a little genetic entrepreneurship and healthy dose of new ideas set against the backdrop of a full house of Vor lords vote and an Imperial wedding. The always unbeatable Miles is now a bit older and firmly ensconced as an Imperial Auditor with all the attendant duties as well as being the voting heir of the Arch Duke. This time the object of his desire is not a military campaign but the newly widowed Ekaterin and her young son Nikolai. The tale follows the two as they make their way past obstacles of honor secrecy passion and the strangest sort of gene splicing in the strictly genophobic society of Imperial Barrayer. Ekaterin's unscrupulous former husband came to a bad end in an incident still so classified that neither She nor Miles can speak of it leaves Miles accused of murdering the man with no way to prove his innocence! The maneuvering is on many levels as Miles brother Mark returns with is love to try building a fortune using an obnoxious little vermin that can eat anything and produce a protein paste they quickly name bug butter. As usual things conspire to a wild ride from luring Monagrammed butter bugs from the walls of the old Vorkosigan mannor to braving the intrigues of the imperial government all with brought to a triumphant conclusion that is a delight to the read. This Description by: dochapp, Bossier City, LA/USA|
|On Line -- Click to download|
|Click here to tell us about a bad link.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
Hardback - Non-Fiction
This list was prepared on 11/3/15 at 01:13:56
1. Binge -- Tyler Oakley -- was:
1. More Perfect Union: What We the People Can Do to -- Ben Carson M. D. -- was:
1. Humans of New York: Stories -- Brandon Stanton -- was:
1. M Train -- Patti Smith -- was:
1. Between the World and Me -- Ta-Nehisi Coates -- was:
1. Unfaithful Music & Disappearing Ink -- Elvis Costello -- was:
1. Why Not Me? -- Mindy Kaling -- was:
1. Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win -- Jocko Willink -- was:
1. Last of the President’s Men -- Bob Woodward -- was:
1. Common Struggle: A Personal Journey Through the -- Patrick J. Kennedy -- was:
1. I Feel Like Going On: Life, Game, and Glory -- Ray Lewis -- was:
1. Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End -- Atul Gawande -- was:
1. Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things -- Jenny Lawson -- was:
1. Lafayette in the Somewhat United States -- Sarah Vowell -- was:
1. Rosemary: The Hidden Kennedy Daughter -- Kate Clifford Larson -- was:
1. Wright Brothers -- David McCullough -- was:
1. Courage to Act: A Memoir of a Crisis and Its -- Ben S. Bernanke -- was:
1. Saving Capitalism: For the Many, Not the Few -- Robert B. Reich -- was:
1. Devil’s Chessboard: Allen Dulles, the CIA, and -- David Talbot -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 3/18/17 at 01:16:39
1. Null -- Null -- Null
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 23 ms